Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A plan

The meeting with the RE went ok -  it was actually exactly like our meeting before IVF#3, but without the mention of donor eggs.  Basically, we'll give IVF one more shot - similar protocol, slightly lower dosages and a transfer of up to six embryos. It's a new year, so we have to repeat the normal blood work and tests before we start.  I'm currently at CD49 - undecided as to if I'll wait it out or use progesterone - they left that up to me.  I'm so close to that magic 35 when everything goes downhill (ha - this could be worse??).   I feel like we need to rush, but if this is our last IVF I want to take it slowly to make sure I've done everything I can to make this work. I've been making some adjustments to my diet in terms of balance, and I'm signed up for a 5k at the end of May and a 3.5 miler at the end of June.  Nothing major, but events on the calendar that will hopefully get my off the couch.  (Particularly because they involve co-workers - that HAS to motivate me not to humiliate myself, right?)
My RE seems as frustrated as we are -- but he also isn't offering anything new.  If that doesn't work, he is recommending that we try IVM - no drugs at all.  From time to time I wonder if I should go get a second opinion, but I don't know if it would make any difference.   It was funny to be back in the office, greeting the staff and nurses like it was the first day of school.    Thanks for sticking with me, friends.  I promise to make these posts more interesting when I get back into the swing of things!    

1 comment:

  1. I was (am) in a similar situation, and am so glad I finally got a second opinion. Though I'm not pregnant yet, my new doctor had great ideas and actually wanted to change my protocol and think about it rather than doing the same thing again and again... I got my second opinion from dr sher at SIRM. At the time (and probably still), phone consults were free, so why not!