Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Drained

Well, it's on.  I'm on day three of birth control, start Lupron on the 20th, and stims probably on or around May 6th.  I have the retail value of about $4000 in fertility meds in my crisper.  (Thank you insurance!) I'm still kind of apprehensive, but I couldn't not try if this was given to us as an option.   I have to laugh when I hear about other bloggers' IVF consults, orientation programs, and written plans.  I have a box of meds that came in the mail, and my scribbled notes from my phone call with the nurse.  I'm not worried about it - but it makes me wonder why it's done so differently at my place. 
I don't know if it's the hormones (why do I get the feeling I'll be saying that a lot over the next 6-8 weeks??) but I'm in a pretty blah spot right now.  My weekend away kind of backfired.  It made me realize that I've sort of outgrown this particular friend.  We're just too different now.  Maybe it's what I've been through the last few years -- it changes you and the contrast is much more evident when you see someone from 'before'. The very things that I used to think were so great about her were incredibly annoying to me.  I'm sorry if this doesn't really make sense, but I'm just too drained to get into it fully.  I will say that I came back with an even greater appreciation for what I do have in life, so that's something.  I also came back with sunburn. You can't win 'em all.

3 comments:

  1. i laughed when you said you have drugs in your crisper! i do too! sometimes that's the only thing in the fridge! lol

    happy iclw!
    ~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog! Wishing you the best with your IVF as well. It's a crazy ride for sure, but it'll be so worth it in the end!

    Andrea from ICLW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty awesome that you've got insurance coverage to help cover all these costs! Sometimes I jealous, but most of the time I really think it is incredible. Very exciting that you are getting to move forward with IVF. We did two IUI's and then made the jump to IVF and I'm so glad we did. I just couldn't handle the low odds each month any longer.

    Good luck on your cycle!
    -Foxy

    ReplyDelete