Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Starting up again...

I got word today that our insurance approval came through. I'm on CD30 today, but I haven't been tracking anything so I have no idea if I ovulated.  I've never been one to get O pains of any sort.  My skin is starting to break out which is usually a major PMS symptom.   I'm going in for blood work tomorrow to see if I wait this out or break out the Provera.  My (not favorite) nurse, who has only been with the practice a few months, kept asking me about how long my cycles usually are, etc.  I couldn't make her understand that I really have no idea.  I've spent the last 14 months on some sort of fertility drug, pregnant, or waiting for my betas to drop.  Before that I was adjusting my diet and introducing metformin.  I have no clue what a non-medicated cycle should be and my RE told me not to bother with temps when I first started seeing him.  If I did know what my "typical" cycle would be, I might not be in this spot. 
I know that I should have a million more questions to ask my doctor, but right now I'm just taking it as it comes.  I know I should be excited, but I'm kind of numb.  Don't get me wrong - I am very happy to have this opportunity, but I'm also dreading it at the same time.   Maybe it's time to give in the universe and just accept that this isn't meant to be.
On a happier note, I just booked a completely frivolous last-minute weekend getaway to see a friend down south.  Maybe some sunshine and beach time will help. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your insurance approved IVF! Good to have if you decide to proceed with it.

    I was the same way with my cycles. The nurse would always ask me what cycle day I was on, and I'd be like, 'is this a joke?' Once, I actually calculated it, and I was technically on CD 263, lol.

    Yay for weekend getaways! Especially ones that are down south :)

    ReplyDelete