Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Going about my business

Just a quick "I'm still alive" post. We've had house guests and will have family in town for the next couple of weeks so I've been busy.  Nothing to report on the TTC front since we are waiting for some genetic test results, but I think the dr still wanted to start the cycle before the results are in since the initial protocol wouldn't change.  Since I have zero idea of when CD1 will occur, I'm not sure if we'll have to wait, or if I'll go straight to the pill like last time.   I've been putting off calling in for a plan, but I'll have to get myself in gear because we have some family plans in late August / early September that we'll have to try our best to work around.  We did get insurance approval for two more cycles - I don't know if I have it in me to do two more - but we'll see what happens.  Physically, the whole process was much easier than I thought.  But the ups and downs are so tough mentally. I'm feeling so much better after just a couple of weeks of no meds (except for the trusty met.formin) and not going back and forth to the hospital for blood tests!   So, I'm taking this time to try to adjust my diet a bit, even though my blood sugar levels were in the normal range.   I know that I'd see better results with more drastic changes like completely cutting carbs or dropping dairy, but I'm going slow and steady and trying to be better about combinations and increasing protein.
That's it for now - nothing exciting, just taking it day by day and trying to enjoy summer a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for making the most of this break. You certainly deserve it. I agree, the emotional side is the hard part! Glad to hear you were approved for more cycles (if you choose to go that route) Enjoy this time xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have some time off. Waiting for the cycle to start means there's no decisions to make. I like your approach of taking it all day by day and focusing on enjoying summer. It is definitely time to just take care of you and just relax.

    ReplyDelete