Wednesday, November 30, 2011

5dp2dt

I haven't been blogging, but wanted to give a quick update.  We had our retrieval - 15 eggs, 12 fertilized.
We went with a day 2 transfer, and six embryos.  This sounds crazy, but only three were at the level they should be -- and nothing else made it to freeze.  So chances of getting a reality show are very very slim.
Hopefully, I still have a chance for a take home baby or two.
In general, things are ok.  I'm keeping busy, but also trying to keep my stress levels down.   We had a quiet holiday at home, I took a few days off from work on either end - and spent quality time on the couch catching up on reading and watching bad tv/movies.
Any symptoms I have right now, I'm attributing to the PIO.  The shots are not as bad as I thought.  I was told to use a 1 inch needle, which is slightly less scary.   I find that if I stand and lean slightly forward with all of my weight on the non-shot side, the pain is pretty minimal.  I don't ice ahead of time, but I massage the area with a heated washcloth for a few minutes after.   After a week, both hips are sore and starting to bruise but no painful knots.   
I don't have any tests at home and I haven't fully decided if I"ll test before beta day (Dec. 8th).  I'm leaning towards a home test because I hate getting the bad news at work.  We shall see.....  That's where I am.  Thanks for sticking with me!

4 comments:

  1. That does sound crazy--but understandable. I haven't really had any symptoms that couldn't be attributed to the massive amount of drugs I have in my system--so don't get too worried there. I've gotten through the PIO with only one knot--but it really, really hurts. So, hopefully you will stay knot free. Crossing my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that you get good news in a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you in your 40's? That would make a lot of sense to transer more if you are. Fingers crossed you get a singleton or twins! Keep us posted right away! We all get excited to hear your news

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on this cycle. I am hoping the soreness subsides soon. Only one week left and then hopefully the good news!

    ReplyDelete