Thursday, November 17, 2011

so.many.needles.

Well, last night I sucessfully managed Folli.stim, Meno.pur, and Gan.irelix.  They stung a lot more than I anticipated, but the process itself wasn't too bad.  Luckily the Gani.relix is my only morning shot now, because I'm usually not awake enough to deal with something like Qcaps and mixing vials.
I remember when I took my first Gonal F shot and was SO SCARED.  What a joke.  The last mountain to climb will be PIO, but I'm trying not to think about it yet.   Still slow and steady progress, too early to tell when I'll have retrieval, but we're potentially looking at Tuesday or Wednesday. 
I finished my shots last night, retreated to the couch and *bam* - face.book pregnancy announcement.  From this couple who got married a year after us.  This is their second. I'm trying to figure out how I can avoid her for the next year or so......
I'm also 99% sure that a coworker is pregnant -- she's been making a lot of thinly veiled comments about doctor appointments, cutting back on exercise etc.  Either come out with it or keep it to yourself, lady. 

I'm struggling with the emotional side of this -- on one hand, I'm just over it.  I don't think it's going to work and I'm going through the motions.  But I still have a little flicker of hope -- a little voice saying "what if".

1 comment:

  1. It stinks when everyone is pregnant around you...Glad the first shots are going well. I just started PIO and it's not near as bad as I'd read about. Crossing my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete