Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Lucky 17

17 eggs! From both ovaries - no issues reaching either.  I had set my expectations to only the right side, and a number similar to IVF#1 - so I'm happy with this outcome.  Of course, I won't know fertilization until later today, but for now I'm just happy that we seem to have improved our chances.  My favorite ultrasound tech checked up on my after retrieval and actually did a happy dance when she heard my number.  I love that I'm so comfortable with the crew at my doctor's office, even if it kind of sucks that they know me so well. We have a long relationship.
Retrieval went well - no issues.  I declined pain medication when I first woke up, but regretted that decision within ten minutes.  Luckily, they brought the anesthesiologist back and he worked his magic. Don't be a hero, take the drugs ladies!  I'm still sore today, but already significantly better than yesterday.  I think the key (for me) is remembering to get up and walk around for a few minutes every so often.  Staying in one position for a long time makes it much worse when I have to get up.
So that's where I am - no more shots for me, just Crin.one. Ick-but better than PIO, right?
Will post again when I get the report....fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Omg, that's amazing!!! Congrats! So relieved to hear all went well. Now rest up xo

    ps - good to know about the pain meds...

    ReplyDelete