Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Slow and steady

Day 6 of stims and all is well.  This time has been fairly "easy" with regard to symptoms - no headaches like last time.  I'm feeling pretty calm day to day - occasionally weepy/hormonal, but nothing too crazy - due to Circle + Bloom, perhaps?  I'm also adding wheatgrass to my diet -- too soon to say if that's doing anything, but it's nice to feel like I'm taking care of myself.    Monitoring is going well - I know from last time that my left ovary is very difficult to reach during retrieval and it's unlikely they'll pull eggs from that side.  So all the pressure is on Righty.  Nothing like starting with an obstacle already in place.
Two surprise pregnancy announcements last week that left me gutted for a couple of days. Two old friends  (of four of us who were inseparable in high school, the other has three kids already)  in relationships under two years, not married, surprise pregnancies.  They are both my age - so they are happy and ready to be mothers, but I can't help but be jealous.  I put on my happy face, but it's tough.  One has no idea what I've been going through since she lives across the country and one knows the basics but not that we had our last IVF.  We have been trying since before they even met their partners.  All the medication, doctor's visits, tears, needles, painful procedures....and it's happening for other 34/35 year olds by ACCIDENT?   Whomever is pulling the strings up there must be having a good long laugh at my expense...

5 comments:

  1. Hugs to you. Pregnancy announcements are always difficult, and even more so when it is people that you are friends with.

    I have my fingers crossed that this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear things are going well with the stims. Not much longer to go now!

    So sorry about the pregnancy announcements. It never gets easier and it really isn't fair. I always find the news the hardest during the first two weeks, but it gets better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you lots of luck this cycle so that you TOO can make your pregnancy announcement soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the pregnancy announcements. Ugh. Good luck on your cycle...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had some of those announcements also....they never get easier. Also wishing you luck this cycle.

    ReplyDelete