Monday, February 21, 2011

ICLW!

My first ICLW - Welcome! Although my blog is new, I've been lurking in this community for a year now.  My husband and I have been trying for over two years - two miscarriages in 2010, but we're hoping that 2011 is our year.  I'm in the middle of a Gonal-F/Ovidrel cycle right now (CD11).  Monitoring this morning was showing the same slow and steady progress and lots of follicles--the nurse brought up the possibility of converting to an IVF cycle, depending on my blood work. Wow.  When I first went off the pill, we decided that we would just "see what happens" - I distinctly remember the conversation - and me stating that I didn't want to be obsessing, and doing things like taking my temperature each morning.  Ah - the old me -- so young, so naive.   Right now I'm just waiting for the call before I put much thought into it either way, but I'm finding myself already considering this to be "a sign". I wasn't sure if I'd ever want to take the IVF step - but if this could be it, how can I not take the chance?

10 comments:

  1. Take the chance! Looking back, I wish I had the opportunity to go straight to IVF. It would've saved me 1 year and 4 IUI's with BFN's. IUI success is 20% and IVF is 62% ... that's a huge jump!

    I'm sure whatever you decide, it's the right decision for you :-) Good luck!!!

    - an ICLW'er

    www.becauseofmatch.com/lesspublic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy ICLW! Best of luck this cycle--hope you're able to convert if that's what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy ICLW! Good luck with this cycle, no matter what you choose to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Welcome to blog world! I hope that you get pregnant this cycle and that you will get a live baby from it. I am really sorry for your miscarriages...

    By the way I'm stopping by from ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog from ICLW and just joined myself. I also have PCOS and recently found out my pregnancy wasn't viable. We will be looking to IUI's in the future. What have your experiences been so far?

    We were supposed to do IVF, but I found out I was pregnant naturally 2 weeks into suppression therapy. It seems like the odds are better, but much more expensive. Do you have insurance coverage for IVF?

    Best of luck this cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to ICLW. I hope you love it as much as I do. I am so sorry that you have had multiple losses. Although I do have children, my bought with secondary infertility took the repeat pregnancy loss course and I know how heartbreaking it is. Whatever course you chose, I hope you find success soon.

    ICLW #19

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy ICLW! I agree with M46610, if I had the chance at my severe overstim on injectables (I down regulated, BCP, then gonal-f and ovidrel) I would have asked to convert IVF but that wasn't an option at my RE's office.
    Whatever happens for yhou I hope that you get that sticky BFP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to ICLW! I'm very sorry to read about your struggles to TTC. I laugh when I look back at my pre-TTC self too. I do hope 2011 is the year for you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was our approach too. "just see what happens." i can only chuckle.
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember thinking the same thing. I came across a few blogs early on, and thought I would never be the type to 'obsess' like that. And to take my temperature every morning? No way. Now I do both...go figure :)

    ReplyDelete