Friday, February 25, 2011

And now we wait.

The deed is done, and now we begin the dreaded two-week wait.  I'm glad that we went ahead, although I did have some moments of panic earlier in the week because of the greater chance of multiples.  Twins would be wonderful - quints, not so much.  My doctor managed to calm our fears with a reassuring phone call.  I won't even try to take you through the inner turmoil - because I'll just sound insane.  Such is the life of an infertile, right? 
Now is the time when I start considering everything to be a "sign" sometimes good, and sometimes bad.  Today is my husband's birthday - it's a good sign!  It's raining and miserable today - bad sign.  When my alarm went off this morning, they were playing a commercial for the hospital affiliated with my clinic - it's a good sign!  The nurse that did my IUI is one that I don't particularly care for - bad sign.  But the procedure went really well, which isn't always the case -- good sign!
It's going to be a long two weeks.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope the 2ww goes by quickly and that you get VERY good news at the end of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm the same way..obsessed with signs. Hope this TWW goes by relatively quickly! (althouth I know it never does..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! My wait is usually 6-8 weeks due to my funky cycle, so I am looking for signs all the time! good luck. Hope you find lots of things to distract yourself and make it fly by!
    AP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy ICLW!

    Best of luck for your TWW. I hope there is a BFP waiting at the end of things for you. I am like you-always trying to look for 'signs whether they be good or bad. I really do hope the good ones stack up and you are rewarded with good news. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. over from ICLW--hope you get a BFP and don't go too crazy during the next two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping that this tww goes by quickly and ends with a very sticky bfp!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete