Thursday, March 10, 2011

Feeling better

I let myself wallow a bit and now I'm getting back to normal.  I decided to go ahead and do the yoga series -- it will be a challenge, but I think that I really need to prove to myself that I can do it.  And I think it's the perfect time to get my body and mind in a better place for what will probably be our IVF cycle later this spring.  I'll know more on that front when I meet with the doctor next week.   Last night was our first group session and one of the questions was about setting our intentions for the next forty days.  I had a laundry list of course, but I think the one that sums it up for me is that I want this to be about focusing on what my body CAN do, instead of what it CAN'T.   We'll see how that works out.   I'm not usually good at sharing my feelings - even this anonymous blog was a big step - but I'm going to try to make the most of this.
So that's that.   Something else to focus on for the next month for some work/life balance and giving my body a break from the meds, blood draws, and ultrasounds. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear you're starting to feel better. I've been thinking of you. BFN's never get easier...

    I think it's fantastic that you're trying that yoga session. It will be a good distraction, and allow you to focus on yourself and your body. And the breathing exercises it teaches you comes in handy during stressful IF times.

    Hang in there xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for trying yoga. I'm sure it will be nice to have something else to focus on while you go through this break.

    ReplyDelete