Friday, March 4, 2011

One week down

Five more days to go until B-day.  I'm in the usual alternating phases of "this had to have worked, everything was lined up so perfectly" to "no way, I'm not feeling anything - this didn't work.".
No symptoms to speak of, at least none that can't be explained by other causes.  (Sure I'm exhausted, but I'm also working really long days.)  We have a busy weekend ahead of us so that should make the time pass fairly quickly.   I'm still sticking to my plan of NOT testing at home.
I was talking to my husband last night about how I feel like I've been in a fog for the past year.  My sister sent around a picture of my niece who turned six months old yesterday.  (She has an older daughter, and my brother has a daughter and a son. Their ages range from 6-4.)  I have yet to meet her in person.  Granted, they live six hours away and our holiday plans were changed because of weather, but still - I should be making more of an effort.  I haven't shared any of our TTC drama with my family - so they probably just think I'm selfish and self-absorbed.  Ah well.   My first pregnancy was about three months behind my sister's.  I had visions of us being pregnant together on our summer vacation, sharing newborn experiences, having our little ones grow up together.  Instead, I was in bed recovering from my D&C when she sent around her "It's a girl" ultrasound pictures.  I was pretend-sipping drinks on our summer vacation post-IUI.  Making excuses for not traveling to see them after she was born, as I was going through another doomed pregnancy.    I never really felt like I was avoiding it, but I suppose deep down I was.  Enough is enough -  I'll be seeing them this weekend,  and I'm looking forward.  I think.

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. We have 8 days to go...and I'm feeling nothing. But I really really hope this is it for both of us!

    Living in a fog..what a perfect way to describe it. I've lost touch with a few friends who probably wonder what the heck happened to me. Things have happened around me that I don't really acknowledge (engagements, births, birthdays, etc) Definitely something I need to work on too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, when I got my BFP I had absolutely no symptoms. I felt like AF was about to start, so I drank a glass of Sangria, cooked some beer brats and walked around wearing a liner. Only on 14 dpo (day of AF) did I feel my nipples sore (but just when I touched them). So my only symptom was a missed period.
    I still don't feel pregnant AT ALL. So please don't give up hope. I hope you have a good weekend. She'll steal your heart- your niece, trust me.

    ReplyDelete